Staging your home checklist
REMOVE ALL CLUTTER FROM THE HOUSE.
- Are countertops free and clear?
- Have you removed unnecessary furniture throughout the house?
- Remove the art gallery and coupon collection from the refrigerator.
CHECK THE BATHROOMS.
- Are the surfaces clean and clear?
- Are shower curtains and doors hung properly?
- Is the flooring clean and fresh?
- Are towels neatly hung?
CHECK THE WALLS.
- Our paint and wallpaper fresh and clean?
- Are the walls free from holes?
- Are there any colors or objects on the walls that need to be removed?
CHECK THE FLOORS.
- Is the carpet clean and free from stains?
- Are hard surface floors clean and free from stains?
CHECK WINDOWS AND WINDOW COVERINGS.
- Are all the windows clean?
- Are draperies and blinds clean?
- Are there any signs that this is a pet’s home? Be sure to clean and remove kitty litter, pet toys and bedding.
HOW’S THE AROMA?
- Try to air out the home prior to showings.
- If air freshener is necessary, use well before showings as a consideration to those with allergies.
- Set the mood prior to showings.
OPEN DRAPERIES AND BLINDS.
- Turn on the radio to a classical music station set the volume on low.
- If you have time, cook a batch of cookies to have the warm, welcoming aroma permeating the home.